Academy for Performing Arts: Theater
LOCATED AT MORRIS KNOLLS HIGH SCHOOL, in Rockaway, offers a major in Theatre. Students with this major will be ready for almost any college major or career path encountered in the 21st Century, having acquired enhanced and developed imaginative capacity, flexible ways of thinking, self-discipline, and sophisticated presentation skills.
Career Field -Performing Arts: Theater
Career Pathways in Performing Arts: Theater (include but are not limited to):
Performing Arts: ♦ Production Managers, Digital, Video, Stage ♦ Cinematographers, Film/Video Editors ♦ Play Writers, Screen Writers, Screen Editors, Script Writers ♦ Directors and Coaches, Performers, actors, Musicians ♦ Make-Up Artists and Costume Designers ♦ Stagecraft Designers, Lighters, Sets, Sound Effects, Acoustics, Painters ♦ Composers, Conductors, and Music Instructors
The Academy for Performing Arts: Theater has not yet completed senior internships. The first senior class will be in 2022.
Academy Course of Study
- Acting methodology
- Stage layout and terminology
- Theatre history
- Vocal techniques
- Stage blocking, movement, and stage combat
- Improvisational techniques
- Vocations in the Theatre
- Advanced acting techniques
- Theatre theorists
- Play Analysis
- Theatrical Design (lighting and sound)
- Stage makeup and costume design
- Stagecraft/theatrical construction
- Classical acting styles
- Musical theatre
- Sight singing
- On Camera Techniques?
- Audition/Portfolio Preparation
- How to manage and market your acting career
- Techniques of stage direction
- College Option: Providing students meet the academic criteria, they may attend County College of Morris for earn up to 24 credits, paid for by MCST.
- STRUCTURED LEARNING EXPERIENCE (SLE) : Required 120 hour Internship